Sunday 3 February 2013

Chance Discoveries

Luckily my job enables me to travel all over the shire, to this end I have a full list of all the charity shops  in my area to visit and when I am passing I often spend my lunch break perusing their wares.

Often there's little or nothing to be had but on occassion you can strike textile gold(or leather in the form of gloves, shoes and belts NOT cat suits, body harness and other dodgy stuff as that'd be wrong)!

On the subject of belts, good men's belts certainly in my experience are very hard to find, I don't think I've bought more than five in the last three years or so...you just don't see them out there, perhaps men hang on  to their belts seeing them as a 'good piece of kit' who knows?

Anyway I digress here's a couple of wool ties I bought last week, both are made from wool one knitted and one woven, first up is a woven Tootal 'green quality' from the mid 50's-ish;

 

Above is the Italian knitted one made for Cyril Castle of London, it has some minor issues in that both ends have some moth? holing however I should be able to shorten it by about an inch which would make it all good again.....hopefully!
 
.....and here it is after I cut and restored it back to useable condition;

 

Can you spot the repaired section?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment