Monday 18 February 2013

Car Boot Finds

A quick blitz around our local and recently moved car boot brought slim pickings, I almost walked away in disgust at the lack of "owt good" but my good lady spotted a Stratton dress shirt set with some extra bits and pieces;

 
and it's contents

 
and the dress set less just one collar stud which hopefully I can replace? having said that I'don't wear seperate collars so it'll be fine as it is for my Tuxedo nights!

 
I spotted this 1940's? British made Ronson lighter in pretty good condition, It needs some work and a overhaul but should work fine when finished....I don't smoke but still it'll be nice to gert it working.
 
 
 
the two screws in the bottom are useless as one is bent and the other has been replaced with what looks like a BIC pen sealing cap?

 
dismantled ready for cleaning

 
I'll post an update when I've overhauled it and re-applied the leather? covering.
 
Total spend was £4 so on reflection not a bad trip after all......I had a very brief moment of high excitment when I spied a beautiful gents brown 'Balmoral' boot in a box, it was in very good condition indeed for a 1930's boot but sadly there was only one and it was in my size too!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment