Thursday 1 May 2014

Vintage S.G Brown type F earphones

A recent car boot find that I simply couldn't pass up, I've very little interest in electrical items but these were just too good to leave on the stall, especially at £4!


I've no idea if they still work as I've nothing in the house that takes a large 'jack plug',they are however immaculate and appear never used?

They date from the mid 1920's onwards and are I believe 2000 Ohms.










Obviously they were worn by a Lancaster bomber crew-member involved in the 'Dam Busters' raid, at least that's how the guy on the stall sold them to me!

Here's a couple of links for more information. 

  





2 comments:

  1. These are the same headphones worn by the submarine radio operator in the 1959 film "On the Beach".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Graham, I'll look the film up...I've since tested them and they work fine too!

    ReplyDelete